Thursday, December 31, 2009

Administrative Job FAQ

Author: jobfaq

Source: articlesbase.com



Am I anyone shafted by my employer and colleagues?Having raised a problem with wages,something else have surfaced.I have been erudition a new role for the past 6 months.My colleague and troop member started in indistinguishable boat.New to the role and the firm. I have caught him blaming me for problems that are both our responsibilities,he has jelled beside every one else way faster than me,so I have be feeling outcast since starting,he varies his lunches beside no consideration for my not being able to dance to lunch until he returns.My boss has made me feel that he does not endow with a monkeys about me, I have be lied to about my role and as a result have be put on the phone overflow,taking calls that are not related to me.The result of which has cause distraction and errors.Now I have found out that our roles will no longer exist,Two new combined roles will be made and two relatives will be made redundant. My colleague is constantley having meetings beside my boss.I am entitled to nothing and burned bridges getting here.Any one got any thoughts? Am i Being Too Sensitive?I'm an assistant and I knew I was gonna enjoy to put up with alot of crap, but its starting to take its toll on me. When I ask my bosses question, sometimes they don't even answer or acknowledge me. And it seems like I get hold of blamed for "messing things up" when its not even my fault. Like if a clients cell phone dies when I transfer a name, they get snippy with me even tho I can't control what someone else's cell phone does. I know society get stressed at work, but is this acceptable? Am I close to getting fired?I was placed on a temp assignment a few weeks ago that pay pretty correct money 16.hr, an office cubicle job.Last week I received a call upon for a counselor opportunity.My Degree is in the Behavioral Science, and this is the perfect opportunity, that I hold been looking for.However, I don't want to lose my current job, but I took rotten yesterday to go to traffic court, plus,my supervisors aren't giving me work, I'm sitting at work basically adjectives day,while other people are working, next my supervisor is coming my cubicle every hour asking me stupid stuff, like do I have a ruler, or can I assist him with his computer, plus my supervisor isn't really responding to me when I ask her for more work, am I being permit go? Should I quit?what should I do Am I getting rewarded correctly?I'm from Australia and I've started a new job as a 'receptionist' at a college. The role is more detailed than newly reception, I'm 22 and have 4 years of experience in department management and business admin. They said I will be on the award for the first three months (I'm yet to find an award near this amount on it) and then they will decide what my wage is base on how I go. Also, it takes me 7 mins to obtain to work and today I was asked to go to another campus 2 hrs away for the daytime. I was looking for a change but not the "You're a 16 yr out-of-date trainee" type change. Please help, your facilitate will be rewarded with 11 points. Am I going something like this duty check out adjectives wrong?I have been looking for almost two months immediately to find a job. I've sent my resume, by email and by fax, to over 30 prospective employers found via the Fourth Estate and internet. I've applied at retail outlets, restaurants, and customer service sectors in the nouns I live in and as far out as 30 miles away. Why can't I find a job? My mother is of the assessment that something on my resume is undesirable to potential employers, but I don't know what that something could be! This is what I normally include on my resume: -my positions as a Pet Care Lead at PetSmart (6 months), a bartender at Red Oak (6 months), a server at Steak n' Shake (8 months), and as a summer volunteer at the local Animal League (4 months) -my large school graduation and classes taken there -my ongoing college teaching and classes being taken -my personal skills with computers, animals, etc. -my low-level proficiencies near foreign language I even make a cover communication specifically tailored to every application! Am I hired?Am I hired? She called me 2 hours after i dropped of my resume,she tried to contact me at two numbers sent an email,i called her she asked me some question,she told me come in for an interview,and testing,she sent an application within the email it said be prepared to set up payments,this is very odd exact i always wanted to work for this company,do you really estimate i am hired why or why not Am I human being paranoid?Hello All, I work as an administrative asst. for a firm located in the Wall Street area of Manhattan. Unfortunately, I am markedly unhappy here because I find myself bored outta my mind on most days with nought better to do to kill time than get on the internet. But because of the recession we're suffering through right presently, I am waiting until the end of the summer to search for something hot. However, while I was bored today (yet again), I went to Craigslist.org to check out the postings for the administrative assistant positions. I found one that mentioned every single job that I do here + the office was located surrounded by the same area as our bureau. Do you think I'm being paranoid or should I ask my supervisor around this? Thanks! Am I individual unprofessional?ok so I have been at my brief for 2 months. I work at a community college. I work part-time as an office assistant. I don't resembling it at all. In fact, I loathe it at hand. It is just a bunch of tedious, mind-numbing work. The pay packet isnt that great either. So I figure I am unsatisfied and I am not doing anyone any favors by staying so I submitted my two weeks notice today. But the beginning of Fall semester is around the corner. I know it's almost to get super-busy. By me leaving I will leave your job them short handed. But I can't stand it here another minute. I will go crazy if I stay. Am I person unprofessional? Am I just about to be Fired?I have been working short a contract for the past 6 months. Friday evening my department has a discussion, after my boss meets with the VP of the Company, more or less concerns that we may have ideas for doing very well and stuff like that... my boss looks over at this one lady and asked if she have to do my job and her job does she suggest it would be to hard. i was sitting right in attendance.. thinking to myself what the heck.. so now i'm wondering ARE THEY ABOUT THE FIRE ME?... should I go ahead and start looking for work else where on earth? Am i person underpaid at work?Well i have an Associates Degree in Business. I am 20 years prehistoric and have about 3 years bureau experience. At my last job i be making about $11.11 an hour but now i am making $10.25 and hour even after working for an entire year at my current opportunity. I work for a cabinet company in Washington State and mostly my job have to do with printing orders, entering information on database, assembling, and confirming our company is delivery the right material we ordered. It is a full time job and at times i enjoy to stay late just to finish a day's work. So what do you guys cogitate should i start looking for another job that pays higher? FYI the unsullied minimum wage in WA is a little above $8.00 an hour presently. Am I reading too much into this?I have been at my unmarked job for about 3 months. I relish it and everything, its just I feel nearby are different rules for the others than me. There are only 5 of us in the company I work for. 2 bosses, 1 accountant and me and another man who aren't bosses or anything. I enjoy an hour for my dinner, but everyone else seems to do what they want, I follow all the rules so i dont catch into trouble, but they ave like 1 1/2 dinners and go out whenever they want for breakfast and progress to the gym! The other man is no higher than me, but he is related to the boss. Am I reading too much into it,I just dont devise its fair that I bust my *** trying to get to work on the dot and they do what they want-go on internet at work and stuff! (I know I am but its the first time) Am I required to excise employee's automobile allowances?I am in the process of attempting to automate our expense reimbursements. The old means of access, I used to cut a separate check for all expense reimbursements (such as cell phone expense or any other expense incurred by an employee) and attach the expense check to his or her paycheck. I have very soon begun adding the expense reimbursements to the employees' web pay. The only expense I own not done this with yet it automobile allowances. I am not sure what the levy laws are on this type of expense. Are monthly automobile allowances/automobile expenses for employees who use their vehicle for work supposed to be tax, or can I add them back to the employee's lattice pay? If it helps, I am within North Carolina. Am I responsible for duties not done by a troop applicant?My boss stresses the team thing and cross-training, but when my co-team beneficiary (the receptionist) gets behind, I'm expected to abet out, and generally I'm fine with that as things do inevitability to get done. However, when she's consistently 5-10 mins. late surrounded by the morning, I'm held responsible for making sure the switchboard is turned on simply because I start 30 mins. earlier. This is just one article that drives me crazy most about being on this squad, and picking up the slack from a lazy team contributor who is babied just isn't right. Am I roughly to be fired? First undertaking after college, but not my first charge ever!?I do not get respect on the job, and I devise it's because everyone knows that I am fresh out of college. I have have other jobs before, within offices, this just happen to be my first one when I was not also going to school. 1. I am mortal reviewed every 30 days it seems 2. my boss rarely consultation to me, and jokes around with other individuals who are in our small department. 3. I get the standard feeling my boss doesnt like me or respect me 4. Every report, email, I distribute out is scrutinized for the smallest error, and if I do make an error it is documented. 5. My sucesses are not notice. But my errors sure are. 6. my boss recently got an attitude next to me in an email, and tried to act approaching they were kidding in the order of it when I Cc'd their boss on my calm reply to it. 7. My boss is not approachable for help, and is discouraging me from asking other general public in my department for help, and just after I make a mistake, asks me why I never came to them for assist. 8. I can no longer trust anyone in my dept. Am I stupid to dislike this post? Is something wrong beside me?I landed a job almost 2 months ago with a large corporation and the wage is very nice. I currently have my A.S. level and will have my B.S. in December. In the recent past I have held several positions where I be the manager or coordinator over different departments. Currently I am an administrative assistant and I never do anything! It is simply driving me crazy! I come in at 8 and play around on Y!A? until lunch, after I go to lunch, come back and play around more. The most confrontational thing I do all hours of daylight is set up conference calls for people or rob a contract from one floor to another and back for signing. Needless to say I'm foreboding a little like a trained chimp here. I would step up and ask for more responsibility but the detain is I'm pregnant and am not going to be coming back after December. Am I crazy to LOATHE my job? I do nil and it pays so well! Is there anything I can do to eliminate the boredom or should I suck it up for the next few months? I'm going crazy! Am I supposed to net a cover missive?I'm emailing a staffing firm to apply for a job that they are recruiting for. What would I say aloud in a cover letter? Am I too stout for the department?I have just get a new job as administrator and PA to a director.However I am finding it markedly difficult to manage.I have be out of work for 9 months after a difficult year when my father died and I split up with my Husband . I am ashamed to say I immediately have a BMI of 49.I find it difficult to move about,I acquire out of breathe even trying to wash in the shower is a taunt .I can't find clothes to fit me and I am shy about going to the hair dressers. My tentative job is demanding both intellecually and Physically and I am happy they give me the chance and saw beyond my weight. My alien boss has just refered me for a robustness review after just three weeks in post. Should I try and tough it out and hope everybody will kind allowances for the way I look and act.I don't reflect they can fire me now because I could sue them for discrimination.But surrounded by my heart I know that I am probably a liabilty at the moment,and it is only going to get worse as I acquire older. What should I do? Am intuition feed up near my existing charge as I worked like career for more than 10 years, is it fluent?Am feeling fed up next to my existing job as I served the same undertaking for more than 10 years is it natural and/or shall I look for other job eventhough my present employment is not bad but for a change! dispense me ur sincere opinion Am returning to admin/clerical pasture; on which types of job should I focus?After several years as a substitute teacher, I want to return to a permanent admin/clerical position, of which I hold plenty of experience. I have taken a computer class, familiarizing me near Word, Powerpoint, Excel, but I'm not an expert yet. Which jobs should I aim for, and can I revise the Microsoft programs more in-depth on the job? An member of staff impression somewhat too much at home?This young woman started working for us 4 days ago and already she has directions from Amazon delivered here, she has personal call coming in...and yesterday she had flowers deliver to her here. Lets say you're management, how would you switch that one? And what would this mingy? exactly?"Thorough training of in-house systems provided." what so do they give a physical package or a party comes in to actually train you? which one? Thanks adjectives. Annoyed beside my boss?so my boss attended a meeting last week contained by switzerland, i'm here in the US. He is chairperson of the committee and i got to do adjectives the planning as far as booking hotels for about 25 people, planning a cocktail reception both sunday and monday, plus dinner monday and breakfasts for 3 days. I own to say this isnt the easiest thing to do when you're surrounded by another country and there is a language balustrade. i went back and forth near the hotel a lot over email, and spoke to them about a cocktail reception monday dark with dinner afterwards. Of course there be a mixup and the place thought they just wanted a cocktail reception beside no dinner. My boss said something to me about it today. I forwarded him the emails i had which clearly stated we needed cocktails and dinner. Im just annoyed with how he asked me roughly speaking it...plus, he told me 2 years ago i could attend this event, then took back what he said, and i enjoy yet to ever get to progress to this, yet i plan all these things. Anonymoysly report sexual stalking, how promising he would acquire fired?I have been continuously stressed out by a guy at work. Simple friendly conversation has turned into asking me out, flirting with me, getting uncomfortably close to me. I've tried describing him to stop. He is BEST friends and VERY close to all the supervisors and managers and in that is no doubt in my mind that if I be to report him, absolutely nothing would be done. I've have this job (job itself is great) for 5 years and it's a specialized field so it's not as if I can in recent times up and go somewhere else and I shouldn't have to. Our company have an online system where employees can anonymously report anything specifically not right to upper level regional management. I wouldn't own to enter any identifying information. Just the situation. My question is do you conjecture that this would make them get rid of him? There are other girls I work near going through the same thing next to his guy so he wouldn't really know which of us reported him. Anyone with HR experience that could answer would be great. Anty Administrators out within?Ok would you reccomend office work to anyone? I love being on the computer so I be thinking maybe going into office work. Would you reccomend it to me? I enjoy applied for an appreticeship in Administration Any Admin. Asst. Jobs contained by L.A., S.Fernando Valley, California?Hello, I am an experienced Administrative Assistant. I have been one for nearly 3 years, surrounded by addition to a lot of other clerical and admin. related job. I am currently working on my bachelors degree in business administration. I am a really great employee but am not at all content with my job currently. I am doing 5 job total: receptionist/office supply, set up interviews and maintain employee calendar, coordinate and see through adjectives employee events/luncheons, AND am the administrative assistant to the VP maintaining his calendar, reminding him, running errans, etc. I am doing adjectives of this and at my 90 day review, instead of a raise, they give me a $4 dollar pay CUT. I feel resembling they are using me and I am not at all being compensated. I really want a unmarked job where I am appreciated and compenstated fittingly. Any one have any leads or anyone entail a personal assistant? Let me know, thanks. 818-876-2045 or gemarionpapas(a)yahoo.com Any administrator out in that?What is your role in the office...? Do you relish your work?Is it difficult? Any AEAP member or former member - how do you use your benefits?Just curious if anyone feels this is actually a benefit or not. Please, if you don't know what AEAP is, consequently you don't need to answer. Thanks. Any budy know nearly alfuttain companoy a prevailing companoy surrounded by dubai?i am working as an electrician in oman.now i try to budge dubai and working their i hear about alfuttain but i dont have their trellis address Any counsel?what would you do if one of your boss is making a pass at you? i am very irritated beside the situation because i don't like it and it makes me massively uncomfortable. i've been trying to avoid any conversations beside him and it's been really hard to do that specially that he IS my boss. Any direction on how to settlement beside "department politics"?i just started a new errand and it is in an office environment. In the few weeks that i enjoy been there I own already noticed alot of certain cliques, groups, gossip etc. I wanted to know if any one has any proposal for me on how to deal with ceratin "bureau politics"? My own advice would be to just preserve to myself rather than become too friendly and then hold problems with someone but i also don't want to seem snotty by keeping my distance from population? any advice? More Administrative Job questions please visit : JobQnA.com



JobQnA.com